So Luke and I tried booking our flights with Emirates however the flights we needed to catch were all over booked. We made alternative arrangements and ended up flying with Rwandair (Dubai – Kigali – Dar Es salaam). I was really impressed by the standard of service. It’s always interesting flying with a different airline to see how they do things.
Once landing in Dar Es salaam we caught a taxi to our hotel in the CBD which was close to the Azam Marine port. That night we ordered room service had a few drinks and rested well. After breakfast we made our way down to the Azam Marine port where we then caught a ferry across to Zanzibar. We paid 35 US dollars per single ticket. We were picked up at the Zanzibar port by our hotels driver. This made the whole experience a lot less stressful.
We booked our whole stay at Kendwa Rocks Beach Hotel. Both Luke and I had been told that the north side of the island was the best for holidays. Kendwa Rocks is rather popular for holding a full moon party each month. The day we arrived was the morning after so most of the party goers had left.
During our stay we did many different activities here are a few:
- Sun tanning in the resort
- Rented bikes and cycled to Nungwi
- We visited the Mnarani Marine Turtle Conservation pond
- We also visited the Zanzibar Caves. Directly off the main road just after leaving Nungwi.
- Couples massage on the beach
- Snorkeling safari (Dhow ride to two locations for snorkeling, braai on the beach with snacks and refreshments onboard)
- We got the half board so every morning we went from breakfast and then snacked throughout the day until dinner.
- Luke also manage to get a tattoo on the last day from a professional Italian tattoo artist who has a hut on the beach.
Below is a short video clip I made of our activists we did in Zanzibar. Please enjoy 🙂 ✈️🌍🇹🇿⚓️🌺🌴🍸🐠
Please leave a comment below if you would like to see more videos x